Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A bunch of tips on being creative


First, don’t turn on the internet.

Second, don’t have a piece of hardware go south (like my memory card isn’t readable right now, but I will get it working before I finish this blog.)

Third, don’t have a year-old computer that already can’t keep up the data storage issues.

Fourth, don’t spend time considering whether you can afford to buy yourself a new computer nor time to crack open that new external drive you bought yourself for Christmas.

Fifth, do not take phone calls from your children who are having troubles at your exe’s house.
The way to be creative is to turn it all off…and for me that even means turning off music (but I know for a lot of you out there, music is a critical “fidget” that helps distract a portion of your brain so the other part of it can focus). But I digress.

At this moment I am waiting for my SD card to upload to my computer, after having to go to the internet to figure out a work around when my computer couldn’t see it in the card reader. 
Another aside: don’t you agree that search is a critical technical skill we haven’t been teaching effectively? (Thinking of homeschooling this winter break.)
And a bunch more to dos.
  • Do keep a supply of chocolate on hand.
  • Don’t try to draw and write in the same time period.
  • Don’t beat yourself up about unfinished projects.
  • Don’t take care of the housework, holiday preparations, or other hostess fretting.
  • And DO! Put the post up even if it isn’t perfect!


Yay! I got it working!

An early Happy Holidays from my office to yours.